Image Map

Feta and Spinach Stuffed Chicken

28.2.14

In an effort to not be worthless when it comes to being in the kitchen, I've decided to commit to making a meal at least once a week.  

I must say that the only time that I may have picked something that was a little out of my league was last week with the Italian Drunken Noodles (which will also be featured here sometime next week).  And honestly that was only because I had to YouTube how to core a bell pepper.

Yes.  I'm thirty and I didn't know how to do that. 

But I do now!  Anyway, more on that adventure next week.  This one was a lot easier:

Feta & Spinach Stuffed Chicken
Ingredients:

 Ingredients

¾ cup crumbled feta
½ cup thawed frozen chopped spinach, squeezed dry
3 tablespoons cream cheese
¼ cup chopped scallions
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons EVOO
4 6 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees . In bowl, mix first 5 ingredients. Cut a lengthwise pocket into each breast; season the pocket and stuff with spinach mixture. In ovenproof skillet, heat EVOO over medium-high and cook chicken until golden, 4 minutes per side. Transfer to oven and bake 5 to 7 minutes.


Yep and that is seriously all.

And then it looks like this:

I didn't have to change anything on this recipe.  Although you can (and probably should) spice it up a little bit.  If you go to New Orleans, find some Kitchen Witch spice, and enjoy the heck out of it!

Try it this weekend; super easy, and maybe some leftovers for later!

Happy weekend!

No comments: