Image Map

Super Simple Sausage Balls

18.2.14

I really wanted something easy to make for our work's food day for Valentine's Day.  I usually like to make something breakfasty, for the main reason that I super love anything breakfast, and that anything doing with breakfast is usually pretty easy to make.

I came across these guys, and figured, hey Laura, even you can make these.  Four ingredients, getting to use the KitchenAid mixer, and being able to make them that morning?  All of the above.  I was so in.  

so here we go:

(recipe from plainchicken.com)

Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
Ingredients:

 

1 lb hot sausage uncooked.
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cup Bisquick
4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded ( or if you're a cheese lover like me, 8 oz)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400F.

Mix all ingredients until well combined. (I used my KitchenAid mixer with the dough hook attachment)  Roll into 1-inch balls.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until brown.



Sausage balls may be frozen uncooked.  If baking frozen, add a few minutes to the baking time.

For me, it made about forty balls

And they were delightful!!

I thought adding the extra cheese was a good idea.  Four ounces just didn't seem like enough!  I also ended up cooking them for only about 17 minutes, and it gave them a little crunch which made them even better.

These would be awesome for a football game too!  And they were so so easy that it was impossible to mess up.

Which is always a plus in my book.


No comments: