Image Map

Sisterly Love

10.2.14

Last weekend I flew up to Pennsylvania to visit my mom and sister who I hadn't seen in forever.  I went by myself, which sometimes, I will admit, I enjoy more so I can focus my time and attention on just being around family.

I flew in Thursday night; my first flight took me to Chicago, and then onto Philadelphia.  I didn't get to my mom's house until around two in the morning.  Needless to say I was exhausted, and my dinner of pizza and a cheeseburger didn't help the cause.  Neither did those two beers or vodka drink.

The only thing awesome about flying at night is how exhausted I was; it was pretty easy to fall asleep on the plane and keep it that way through both of the flights.

Friday was spent shopping around, eating Mexican and then having happy hour at Chili's...


My Juney-boo having a margarita thing... I don't know.  She said it was delicious.

Saturday we spent in Lititz, PA, where I spent too much money on Wilbur's candy.  We stopped at a British pub for a snack, and then headed back to the house.  We went to a really awesome place, Speckled Hen, in downtown Reading for dinner, but I didn't want to bust the iphone out and ruin family dinner, so I didn't.  Trust me though; if for some reason you find yourself in downtown Reading, PA, definitely check it out.

Sunday was a family dinner, complete with aunt, uncle and grandma.  We drank, ate spaghetti, and watched The Family Stone.  Some awesome outtakes of me and Juney in the midst of our drinking.  She'll kill me for putting these up here, but hey, she lives about twelve hours away, so I think I'm good.






I totally have old lady neck in most of these pictures, but I love them.  I also tried to talk her out of that vest she's wearing, but to no avail.  It was really cute.

It ended up being an awesome visit.  I was actually sad that I had to leave.  I spent that entire Monday on planes and in airports, flying from Philly to Orlando and then finally to Birmingham.  

My takeaway from that weekend?  Probably should visit more often.

No comments: