Image Map

A Non-Football Saturday on the Plains

24.2.14

I had been toying for awhile about going to Auburn to solely go shopping.

My old Birmingham haunts were letting me down, and when I know that I can't even find anything at Forever 21, that I need to shake it up.

So Saturday ended up being that day.  It also just happened to coincide with an Auburn/Vanderbilt basketball game.

And any sort of sport coincides with a trip to the Auburn Mellow Mushroom.  I will rant briefly about every other Mellow Mushroom in the world.  I pretty much hate them, because they aren't in Auburn.

That's where I had my first Abita beer; that's where I had my first date in Auburn and where I tried my first vegetarian pizza.  That's where I decided that cheesebread was pretty much heaven in your face.  

And rant over.

So guess what I had for lunch!!  (I also didn't end up buying anything in Auburn, which was a total bummer.  But when you're the thirty year old in these stores, you sort of stick out like a sore thumb.  Forgot about that part.)

Here are some pictures from the Mushroom, Toomer's and the Auburn loss to Vandy.









It would have been much more enjoyable had they not blown a sixteen point lead to lose to Vandy.  BUT I did learn that if you're thirty, they totally don't check you at any point in time for alcohol.  

Suckas.

Sprite and sweet tea vodka tastes delicious, by the way. 

No comments: