Image Map

Two Birmingham Amazenesses (Yep, that's a word)

26.2.14

Picture this.

It's a lovely March/April/May day in Birmingham.  It's just at that point where it isn't too cold to stay out when the sun goes down, and it isn't too hot to where your legs stick to the chair or you get that little sweat bubble thing right under your boobs.  Oh, does that only happen to me?  

So where is one to go in Birmingham when that weather is just perfect?  Let me tell you.

You head to the Garage!



Yeah, it's a tad bit grungy and dark, especially if you walk through the front part of the bar.  But make your through the tables and down the stairs to the sliding door and you've made it to the courtyard!  There's plenty of places to sit and enjoy your beverage.  I do believe they serve some food, but I can't confirm or deny.  I've never eaten their food, but enjoyed the awesome above and their outdoor seating.

Then, after a night of drinking, what is the very first thing that you want to do?

Stuff your face right?  Don't even pretend that I'm not the only one who's eaten after midnight McDonald's or Taco Bell.  Yeah, I feel bad about myself the morning after, but that moment when you're shoving French fries in your mouth or that soft taco...pretty much the best thing ever.

So what if you find a place that's even better than those two combined?  Plus they're open twenty-four hours, and their food is delicious.  You still feel pretty bad about yourself afterwards, but damn, nothing compares to Al's Deli.




I only have two words for you about Al's Deli.

Ranch.  Fries.

You will never find better late night drinking food that Al's.  It's not expensive, and they don't sell alcohol which allows you enough time to sober up before driving home.  Their gyros are pretty delicious too.

Plus, I actually did run into a grown adult here once in Elmo pajamas.  Footies and all.  

No comments: