Image Map

Being Brave

19.2.14

(via)

I've never considered myself to be a very brave person.  Actually, I would label myself as a chicken.  I'm pretty much terrified of everything.  Even though I try to act the ripe age that I am, I somehow would much rather just curl up into my covers and hide.

I've had a dream on repeat the past couple of weeks.  In almost every single dream that I can remember, I am in a plane crash.  And in most of those dreams, my family is around me, and I can remember very vivid details.  One where I go back in to the plane to get my purse, even though the plane is on fire.  One of them was a hijacked airplane.

But because this dream seemed to jerk me awake, I really wanted to find out what it meant.  So I consulted Google, and what I found was kind of shocking.


Airplane Crash
to dream that a plane crashes signifies that you have set overly high and unrealistic goals for yourself.  you are in danger of having those goals come crashing down.  Alternatively, the crashing airplane represents your lack of confidence, self-defeating attitude and self-doubt.  you do not believe in your own ability to achieve those goals.  Loss of power and uncertainty in achieving your goals are also signified.

So, there's that.  But try as I might, I couldn't really think of any unrealistic goals that I have set.  And then they all came to me.

My impossible "dream weight."
My wanting to be the absolute best at my job, regardless of whether I like it or not.
Moving to New Orleans.
Going to beauty school.

All things, which I believe to be unattainable.  Plus, if you've met me for a second, you know my level of self-doubt is off the charts.  So I've decided to take the above motto and make it true of my life.

Scary roller coaster?  I'm gonna freaking ride it.
An opportunity arises where I can move to New Orleans?  I'm going to go.
A magical pill is invented where you automatically become your dream weight?  I'm popping that baby.
An opportunity comes up where I can truly be happy?  I'm doing it.

My goals do not have to be unattainable.  All I need to do is be brave.

Just be brave.





No comments: