Image Map

Our Weekend in Eclectic

3.1.13

A few weekends ago, B and I traveled down to Eclectic, AL.  My friend, L, and her hubs moved into the cutest house on the block, and I hadn't seen them since her wedding.  Which is a little too long.  

And I hadn't seen her house, so a visit was in order.

I met L through one of B's old college roommates, also a coworker of mine.  Interesting stories all around this one, guys, but I'm just going to leave it at that.  L and I immediately hit it off, and when things went sour between L and her beau at the time, we still remained friends.  She is definitely one of my best friends, and I love the girl to death.  

Little did we know, we had a long night ahead of us.  We took a mini-tour around the city, then went to a super cute little grocery store, where B bought some craft brews.  We then headed back to her house, where L proceeded to cook us burgers and fries.  Y'all; she put whipping cream in the burgers.  I thought I was going to die, it was so good.  

We then went on a walking tour of the story of Christmas, which was pretty interesting.  We got yelled at by Roman soldiers, and they had a pretty fantastic chorus.  After that, we immediately went home, got comfortable and started pouring some drinks.

We then proceeded to play drinking games and watch Straight No Chaser, on YouTube until 4 am.  Great night?  You could say that.  


The Cherry Beergarita: 12 oz tequila, 12 oz Corona (or similar Mexican-like beer), 16 oz cherry 7-up.  Garnish with maraschino cherries and a lime.  Delicious.
 
L's cute hubs with our crazy dog.  We couldn't believe how comfortable she was with him after just one day!

Only at L's house will I use an elephant anything!

Note the game of circle of death in the background.  

Next time, they're coming to Birmingham!!  Can't wait.

No comments: