Image Map

2013 Wish

2.1.13

I know I'm a little late on this, but forgive me, I was enjoying my New Year's celebration in New Orleans!!

It was a super great time!  We watched the fleur-de-lis drop; we watched the fireworks on the river; we ate and drank until we could do neither any more.

I had to think long and hard about what what I was going to "resolve" to do in 2013.  For as long as I can remember, I have struggled with my self-image. I was heavy; I lost a lot of weight in between the summer before I went to college.  And ever since then, I have just obsessed and obsessed over my weight; to the point that I weigh myself more than once a day and worry about every piece of food that I put in my mouth.  

And it's so taxing; 

So that is the resolution; I'm done with it.  I am wiping my hands of the craziness; I am not allowed to call myself fat.  I am not allowed to call myself ugly.  

I turn 29 in two days, and I'm just tired of it.

So there it is.  I will stick to this.  I sort of have to.

I hope everyone had a fantastic New Years.  Best wishes to everyone.

No comments: