Image Map

Jacque-Imos - NOLA

14.1.13

Another Monday.  This one cold and rainy.  Yesterday it was 75 degrees...right now it's 36.  I absolutely hate cold weather.  My nose starts to run, my hands feel like ice, and I'm begging Stella to come and lay on me so I can get some free heat.  

It was a pretty decent Monday.  I got my mom's birthday package full of awesome Charming Charlie goodies, some Kandy Kakes and Butterscotch Krimpets, and an awesome candle that smells amazing.  B is out of town for a night this week, and I plan on bubble bath soaking with some wine, this candle, and some Adele.  That's right; sometimes you just need all three.  

I've been contemplating a lot with what to do with my life.  I know it feels like I talk about it a lot on here, but there just comes a point when you know you have to do something.  My mom suggest going to get certified as a personal trainer.  I'm thinking about actually looking into it.  We'll see.

To get on to better and more fun things: More New Orleans!  Hooray!  We got to actually rent a car to roam around Mid-City and uptown.  And of course  B had been doing his research and came across this place:  Jacque-Imo's.  We were told to go early; apparently the place packs out pretty quick.  We got there at 5, and we still had a forty minute wait.  

So worth it though...










That pie looking thing?  Yes, that is alligator cheesecake.  I wish I could tell you how great that thing was.  I mean, words can't do it justice.  Seriously, even if you aren't into trying new things, you would probably love this.  You know, only if someone didn't tell you what it was.  Amazingly good though.  I had a pork chop thing with some collard greens (that were also fantastical).  I can't even remember what B had.  By the time we actually got to sit down, we were a good ten drinks in from the day.  All I knew that is I was starving.

Definitely worth the forty minute wait.  And $70 for the car rental.

No comments: