Image Map

My Sweet & Simple Weekend Project

28.1.13

Lately B and I have found ourselves on a mission.  A mission to complete this house that we live in.  Since I got all emotional in a post about not moving to Austin last week, B and I have decided to do all these projects on our sweet little home, that we were otherwise just going to forget about.

Among the massive projects include a backsplash, a porch, and the mack daddy of them all, another bathroom.  Yes, our poor house only has one bathroom.  And I hate that pretty much every day I live here.  Although we're still conflicted on where to put said bathroom, but that is a post for much much later down the road.

You know, when we're rich.

But, to keep it on the cheap, I wanted a new lamp for our bedside table.  I've had the same one for quite some time now, and I was ready for a change.  And some color.  So this past weekend, bestie L came up for the weekend, and we hit Homegoods.  And there I saw it...the perfect lamp!  Except, well, it wasn't exactly what I had in mind....


This is what the lamp looked like before.  Yes, on top of our trash can.  

And this.....

is after a bright shiny coat of key lime green spray paint.  It's my little artichoke.  

And I love him.

Plus he looks fantastic with the key lime pillows in our bedroom.  I so love a good can of spray paint.  It can turn a blah, 50's style lamp into something completely modern.

So proud of it.

We also have a fun bathroom mirror facelift coming up this weekend...can't wait to share!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the lamp. Even more with the green. And more Homegoods soon!!!