Image Map

New Nola Bars

17.1.13

I mentioned before that we had a car rented for the first day of our trip.  So we decided that we just had to go to some bars that we hadn't been to before.  We hit up Mid City Yacht Club and Fin McCool's on the recommendations of Yelp!

Mid City is definitely a neighborhood bar.  Like people looking at you weird when you walked into the place.  I'm guessing their gimmick was their million different flavor-infused vodkas.  I mean, they had a Skittles infused, cucumber to go healthy, and all sorts of different kinds.  





B's first drink was a Hotty Toddy, and mine was some hot chocolate with rum in it.  That was not a good idea.  It was definitely not the best drink in the world.  However, the white Russian she made with the butterscotch infused vodka was pretty much the best thing on earth.

Next we ventured onto Finn Mccool's.. ..a neat little Irish (duh) inspired bar, with a ton of beer on draught.





We also tried out the Ave Pub on St. Charles.  Still reeling from a bit of a hangover from the day before, I didn't feel the need to pull out my camera.  And, I was too nervous about the Packers game that day.  Turns out I should have been, because they lost.  

They were also definitely a local bar, full of characters.  We met another Pack fan there, which was kind of neat, but there were definitely some crazies sitting at the bar.  Which I guess is what makes a New Orleans bar..


No comments: