Image Map

Our Christmas

7.1.13

I don't take fanciful pictures with a super fancy camera.  yes, I have one, but the iphone has just made picture taking so easy.

I also don't claim to have the best house in the world; it's cozy, and it fits B and mine's personality perfectly.  We don't have too much matchy-matchy in the house, and we have pieces that mean things to us.  I don't stress over making sure my house is perfect; I know I'll never have one of those houses that they want to photograph for Southern Living or Dwell, or any of those other decorating houses magazines.  And I'm ok with. 

And so, our Christmas was modest.  We put up a few decorations, got my first real Christmas tree, put up our Grinch, and shared appetizers on Christmas Eve.  It was perfect.  


I'm not gonna say I wasn't nervous driving home with this thing on our car.  It was tied on by two no more than 14 year old boys.  But kudos; it stayed, and I only panicked once.


Our tree.  I loved it!  And it was perfect, and made the house smell amazing.  B was afraid I was going to want one too big for the house, but I ended up doing a good job picking this one.  I totally would have picked a 12' one, but didn't need any Griswold moments.


Here ya go Mom!  Max!  With his red ball!


Our entire reason for the twelve hour car ride to PA.  My Grinch! He's the greatest.  My favorite moment?  When I actually caught a family stopping in front of our yard to take a picture!!


Our Moravian star!  From the second I saw these things in Lititz, I knew I had to have one.   Being the only person in Hoover with one of these things makes it even better!
Our Christmas Eve appetizers; a tradition I still do from my parents.  Home made mini pizzas; spinach and artichoke dip, and shrimp with cocktail sauce.  We finished it off with spiked apple cider and Home Alone.


We ended up spending Christmas Day with B's parents in Montgomery, but had to cut it short due to the threat of tornadoes.  Yes, tornadoes on Christmas Day.  Just an added perk to living in Alabama. 

No comments: