Image Map

What Happens When You Bowl With Your Dad

9.7.13

One of our favorite past times together is to go bowling; I'll never forget the first time I actually beat my dad.  I know I printed out the score card, but I'm not sure where I put it.  I'm sure it's amongst all my junk downstairs somewhere, but the first time you beat your parents in something, let alone the person you got all your competitiveness from, you just don't lose that thing.
 
During our four-day monsoon, bowling was pretty much our only option, because I was not going to wade through the children at the movie theater, even though I really wanted to see Despicable Me 2. . I also had to remind myself that I'm almost 30.  That's ok right?  I'll need to borrow a kid or something...
 
Back on track, Laura.
 
We went to the Vestavia Hills bowling center, paid for 3 games, laced up those awesomely comfortable shoes (not kidding!  I love those things and wish they were socially acceptable to wear everywhere!), found our balls (go upper body strength!  I settled for 9), and typed our names on the screens. 
 
Beer in pitchers.  Everyone was ready.  Let's go. 
 
First game I bowled the worst game I've bowled probably since high school.  I didn't even break 100.  It was miserable.  Both B and my dad beat me.  Fast forward to games 2 and 3.  Where I beat my Dad in both, and even scored a 174 in the third game.  Don't believe me?  You better believe I got some proof!
 
Some pictures from our bowling excursion...
 




Proof!  Proof!! 

These were the frat boys who sat next to us the whole time we were there.  They were actually pretty awesome.  What catapulted their awesomness you ask?  Well, they were talking about my sweet bowling skills to my dad.  Boo.  Yah.  Frat boys.

 
It was a super fun time.  Seriously.  Come into town.  Let's bowl!
 


No comments: