Image Map

Moss Rock Preserve -Hoover, AL

16.7.13

When my dad and step-mom were here, I had to come up with something to entertain them on Friday morning while  B had to work.  I had driven past this place a few times, but never really wanted to stop in.  I had asked around work to see if anyone had been there and knew what to do, but the only information I could gather was that there was some rock climbing there that was pretty scary.
 
Awesome.
 
I don't rock climb.  Whole heights thing and falling; not my thing.  I did very little research on the place, except to find the address so it was quite an adventure just to find somewhere to park and to find the beginning of a path.
 
We went into the parking lot, and hooray!  Three paths to choose from!  We picked door number three, and hiked for about an hour to see a waterfall.  A waterfall that was blocked by a bunch of trees that you would need to be willing to fall off a giant rock to see.
 
Oh well.
 
Good exercise, right?
 
Some pictures from the journey...
 





 
The following Sunday I took B there to do the same hike, but we wanted to hike a little bit more.  We hiked a total of four miles in the heat with no water.  Yeah, we're total bad asses. 
 
Not.
 
It was miserable.
 
Do not hike without water, because if you don't have a map of the trails, you kinda don't know how long you're going to be out there.


No comments: