Image Map

#tbt: High School Spanish Club

11.7.13

I'm not going to lie here:  I, believe it or not, was not the most popular kid in high school.  I had my own group of friends, but I didn't go out and get drunk or go to someone's house when their parents were away.  Does that even happen or is that just a movie cliché?  Oh well, either way, I never did it.  I worked at the movie theater most nights, and the others, I was doing homework or going to salsa classes for Spanish  Club.  Umm, hello extra credit!!
 
There was one time we had a salsa class (in band camp) for extra credit for our Spanish Club.  I loved Spanish Club.  To this very day, I'm still obsessed with Latin American and Spanish culture.  I love their food, their language, their customs, their dance; pretty much everything about it.  It's one of my favorite daydreams.  So after the salsa lesson, me and some of my friends decided to go the Applebee's that was pretty much central to our high school lives for some mozzarella sticks.  Ugh, we were such cool kids.
 
So some pictures from our awesomely cool kid night at Applebee's.  After earning extra credit from our extra nerdy Spanish Club.  Side note;  this Applebee's doesn't exist anymore and that makes me very sad.
 





 Ugh, Laura the hair.  And the eyebrows.  I don't even know.  Sorry for the crappy quality on these, but you know, disposable cameras were all the rage in 2002.
 
The awesome thing about these pictures is that I'm still friends with Robin (girl on right in bottom picture).  She was in my wedding, and I was in hers.  I haven't seen her in a while, as she's got two kids and has moved on to that part of her adult life, and is about twenty times more mature than I am.  Speaking of, a trip to Atlanta definitely needs to be in the cards fo sho.
 
 



No comments: