Image Map

Our Drive to Key West

30.7.13

It was a pretty miserable one.

Not gonna lie.

It rained pretty much the whole time.  Well, except for the twenty minutes or so we decided to stop, because it was just time for a cocktail.  

The drive from Miami to Key West is supposed to be one of the prettiest drives ever, but ours was ruined by rain.  And when I say ruined, I mean destroyed.  There was even a point during the drive where several people pulled over and threw their hazards on.  A practice I don't necessarily believe in, but I won't get on my soap box about that right now.

So B had heard of a place that was pretty popular for their drinks on the drive down, on the key of Islamorada.  So it was right about noon, so right about that time.

We pulled on in ( I saw a poster with Aaron Rodgers on it, and did a little happy dance.  Football coming soon!), parked, and sat our booties at the bar of the Postcard Inn.  They had multiple bars on their cute little boardwalk looking thing, but this one was the only one open at the moment.  They were famous for their Rum Runners, but I had visions of Key Lime dancing in my head.  So I got the Key Lime daiquiri.  Good, choice y'all.  With a floater of course.  Vacation!  






 B actually did get the Rum Runner, but my drink was by far the winner.  Which never really happens; B usually gets the better drink/food, and I usually end up drinking/eating his, but not this time, folks.

Laura makes a good decision every once in a while.

We were going to stop here again on the way back to Miami, but decided to just grab a pizza and hit up the hotel room.  Sometimes, you just have too much fun on vacation.

No comments: