Image Map

Getting To Know All About ...Me for ALWB.

2.6.14



Hey everyone, it's me Laura here!  I'm super excited to be a part of the Alabama Women Bloggers network!  I'll get to introduce everyone to the fabulous food that is a part of Alabama!!  We're starting to be big news, ya know!

I'm a Capricorn, who just turned the big 3-0 this past January 4th.  Although my license says January 1st.  Don't y'all worry about that...  two birthdays is never a bad thing!

I started this whole blogging journey when I was a freshman at Auburn.  It was on a site called easyjournal.com, and thankfully for me and the rest of the world, I deleted the website a long time ago.  it was pretty much the ranting (and the swearing!) of a college freshman.  That thing was a mess!  But it was fun, because me and three other girls would all post up to it.  I had another blog on xanga.com, which is still there.  I read it for giggles on occasion -- it was terrible!  I started this site and haven't looked back.  I mainly started blogging, because well, I'm the only family member left in the South!  With mom and sister in PA, and Dad out in KC, it's a super simple way for them to catch up with me.  

My husband and I have called Birmingham home since 2006 (we weren't married yet, but both living here), and live a short ten minutes from downtown.  No kids yet, but we're pretty ok with our fur baby, Stella.  She's a mess.  Sort of like her momma.  

I was born in Wisconsin and moved around a whole bunch of places (including Denmark!), before my family settled for awhile in Atlanta, which I usually call home.  Husband, B, is from Montgomery and Stell-dog is from Aberdeen, MS.  

My most favorite place in the world is New Orleans, but I absolutely love to travel!  If I could get one of those sweet gigs where someone pays you to travel and eat and write about it, I would pretty much be in heaven.

I love love love the color pink, old black and white films, photography, running, pretty much any and all types of music and marathon watching TV shows.  Things I do that I'm not so happy about:  kill every living plant, suck at cooking, pretty much fail on all Pinterest crafts, and always spill something on me when I'm wearing white.

I can't tell you how excited I am to be able to share my love of food in this great state, bringing y'all The Taste of Alabama every two weeks!  I hope that I can get you guys as excited about the all the food here as I am!!  And...if I get to use this as an excuse to try all the new places here, it certainly can't be a bad thing!!



3 comments:

Nadine said...

Where in PA does your family live? I was born and partially raised in the Pittsburgh area!

You sound like me, killing plants and spilling stuff on anything white or light colored that I own!

I am very impressed with how far Birmingham has come along to be a great "foodie" city!

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to reading about your food finds! Me and my family love NOLA also!
Shelia
www.houseofhighlands.com

Unknown said...

I'm so excited to have you apart of ALWB Laura! I think you are exactly what we need for our Taste of AL Series!

& NOLA is one of the greatest places! I absolutely love to go for the weekend. I think I need to plan a trip now, just thinking about it.

Have a great weekend!