Image Map

Out-of-Character

3.6.14

Have y'all ever done anything so crazy out of character, that you look back and are like WTF was I thinking?!?

I sure hope there are lots and lots of you out there that have these moments, because I really don't want to be the only one.
Last week or the week before ( I can't even remember!) when I was securing my pictures from the damnation of the inevitable computer collapse, I came across something I did last year that was absolutely insane.

I participated in a Boudoir photo shoot.

For someone who most certainly doesn't like having their picture taken or have any body part showing, this was incredibly weird on my part.  I was feeling particularly bad about myself, so I wanted to do something that would make me feel pretty.

It was a deal on Living Social, and the price was really awesome, so I decided to just go for it.  I went to my normal hair girl that did my wedding hair and makeup and has been my hair dresser for six years to get pretty and all done up for this thing.  It was held at the Sheraton downtown.  I was already super nervous, because I had to find an elevator that wasn't glass.  I got even more stressed out when I found out the photographer was a man!  Holy, are you kidding me?!?  My only saving grace was that his wife was his on-site hair and make up girl, as well as making sure you didn't look like a complete moron or have anything sticking out that you know, wasn't supposed to.

Obviously, most of these are blog inappropriate.  While there is no full blown nakedness, well, it's still a little awkward to show you pictures of me in lingerie! You haven't taken me to dinner yet!  


I'm comfortable with showing you these two -- people way wear less out than the picture on the left, and well, War Eagle with the picture on the right.

I had a super hard time getting comfortable enough to not feel awkward with the guy.  He was sweet, and he did try, but I don't think I could muster up the courage to do it again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My fiance has actually talked about doing that. Now granted it was a few months back when she talked about it, and I don't know how she feels about doing it now. I think as long as who ever does the photo shoot is professional and takes tasteful pictures, I would be okay with her doing it.

Cindy said...

In your defense, it's hard to pass up a good Living Social deal! And believe you me, I have totally stepped out if my comfort zone one too many times. Fortunately, I found the link which is pretty, fruity alcoholic beverages!
---
@DietitianCindy

Nadine said...

I give you made props for doing something out of your comfort zone and taking a chance! At least you can say you did it and have the proof!

I think I would be so awkward doing any type of professional pictures. Shit, I make my husband retake photos of me at dinner because I look stupid and don't know what to do with my hands....