Image Map

Asheville Happenings

11.6.14

I am so terrible at keeping all of my trips in order.  I wrote about what I ate during this trip, but never actually talked out it, shared my pictures or anything.

Something cooler always happens, and I'm just like, eh..I'll get to it later.

But then I never do.  Or when I do, it's like four months later, and I can't fully remember the trip.  One of the main reasons for going to Asheville was just to get out of Birmingham.  Don't get me wrong, I love it here, but sometimes a girl needs to just get the hell out.  You know what I'm saying?

So we sort of split the trip in two, stopping for dinner in Atlanta, and then continuing the trip.  I would like to say I stayed awake the whole time, but no, no I didn't.  I always lose those bets saying that I will.  But it was night time, and I was tired.

So one of the main draws of Asheville are the breweries.  I think there are about fifteen in the area, but we were only able to fit four into one day.  The lucky thing about that is that most of them are within walking distance of each other (they even had a walking route to follow to the breweries), and well, walking is better than driving any day when all you're doing is drinking all day.  So here we go:

Up first was Asheville Brewery.  Don't remember much about the beer, but I know I had an IPA, and I didn't hate it.




Up next was Hi-Wire Brewery.  We had the flight there, and watched people play the giant Jenga.  The thing I remember most about this place was how easy it was to get to the bathroom there, and you didn't have to find a million people to get it.






Next up was Twin Leaf Brewery.  This was the prettiest one out of all the ones we went to.  The bartender was super fun, and they even had balloons.  Who hates balloons?  No one, that's who.




And the very last one we visited was Burial.  This one was my favorite out of all of them, simply because I liked the simple feeling of the place, and what they put their flights in.  And the names of their beers.  See, boys, girls are simple.  






Sorry for the super long post.  I do feel better that I got it all out.  Phew.  Now I can carry on with my life without the burden of knowing that I made this trip and told no one about it. 

1 comment:

Nadine said...

I like how the one thing you remembered about one of them breweries is that the bathroom was easy to get to. Girl, you crack me up! But, this is a very important factor while consuming beverages, as you know the restroom just goes a long with it!

What a fun little brewery trip! Where did you stop for dinner at in the Atl?