Image Map

100 Dishes In Alabama

24.6.14

I had contemplated for all of a day and half about taking a blogging hiatus.  That was just a fleeting thought, obviously, because I'm back.  I got way too into the soccer game on Sunday night; more than I thought I would, and then decided that watching Moonstruck for the millionth time was way more important than blogging.

Then, with my good intentions, I brought my laptop to work yesterday, but was so busy, I worked right through lunch, left the laptop at work, and just said, "well, eff this."

I am clearly a day behind on blogging about my weekend, so here goes.

Saturday morning, we got up earlier than normal and decided to go running.  I'm talking at 7 in the morning folks, and just so you know, it's still humid as hell and running still sucks.  After that, we decided to go to Pepper Place Market.  I was in search for another succulent wife for Antoine, but alas, they only thing my little stand had that day was some blackberries.  And even though they looked awesome, they didn't make a suitable wife for succulent Antoine, but we did get to visit the 100 Dishes in Alabama exhibit, which was awesome!





It was a really tiny exhibit, so it took about 20 minute to walk through the whole thing.

After that, I was about to eat my arm, so we grabbed some pork sliders and a cinnamon roll from the jim n nick's stand and also grabbed an iced coffee.  I also didn't know that Octane was a sister company of Jim N Nick's...so there's that too.

That night we got to meet up with Nadine and her hubs, Chris, for beers at World of Beer, then dinner at Jack Brown's followed by late night cocktails at Crestwood Tavern.  We were up till 2am.  2am.  Which made it completely acceptable for me to lay down and watch TV all day.

It was an awesome weekend and Nadine and Chris are super awesome people.  I really think everyone needs to have more weekends like that.

2 comments:

Nadine said...

The food exhibit sounds fun!

Awe, we had an awesome time with you guys! I feel another get together will need to be planned very soon.

Also, TV all day is appropriate for any occasion.

DJ Fusion said...

We had an awesome time.. Best weekend in many years lol Can't wait for the next hangout!!