Image Map

When Are You Too Old For....

16.6.14

a two piece bathing suit?

I have been pondering this question this summer, as this is my first summer being a thirty-year old.  I usually like to buy a new bathing suit every summer, while of course getting rid of an old one that I will never wear again.

I love two pieces; I love them from Target and I love them from Vicky's Secret, but honestly, when is it time to just say to hell with it, I can't pull this off anymore!

I did buy two bikinis this season -- they are a little more cover-uppy than the ones from summer past, but then I saw this amazingness at TJMaxx (because, where else folks!).

That's right folks - a one piece.  A $92 Sperry one to be exact (that I got for $29.99, suck on that retail).  And I'm thinking that this might just be my suit for the remainder of the warm weather.  I mean, it's adorable, and I know you can't see the sparkles on the chest part, and anchors on the ties!  

I'm in love with thing!  It hides everything!  The hubs looked at me like I was crazy when I told him I had bought a one-piece, but seriously, until you've done nothing but eat and drink  the day before on the beach,and then try to squeeze into a bikini, don't talk to me.

So I ask of you folks...how old is too old for a bikini?  Does that age never come if you wanna rock it? (And I don't knock anyone who does!  I want to be one of ever-confident people!!)  Or is there a point in life when you just need to succumb to the one-piece?  Help!

1 comment:

Nadine said...

First of all, that swim suit is freaking adorable!!! I think I saw it at my TJ Maxx a few weeks ago with the little sparkle and I was like ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Second, you are never too old for a two piece as long as you have the confidence to pull it off. I think some people that are in their 70's that have the saggiest skin just hanging everywhere is a bit much....but umm I believe 30 is the new 20 so there is that.