Image Map

Post Office Pies - Avondale

17.6.14

In case I've never mentioned it before, I love pizza.  

To me, there is nothing better on this earth.  Nothing.  It is better than rainbows; it is better than unicorns and puppies; it is better than cabins in the mountains or the beach.  It just is.

So when I had heard months before of another pizza place opening up in Birmingham, I knew that I had to try it out.  It's squeezed into the place between Avondale Brewery and Saw's Soul Kitchen, in an old post office.  Hence the name.  Also, if you didn't catch that, don't worry.  B had to tell me when I asked, "I wonder why they call it Post Office Pies?"

Duh.

Anyway, once you get in there, you order your pizza and beverages (I have heard they have some superb cocktails, and all the girls had some pinky/purple drink, but this girl loves pizza with beer) right at the front, grab a number and go to sit and wait on your amazingess to arrive at your table.

We ordered the Swine Pie -- full of piggy goodness.  They bring it out right on the server; no plates necessary and you've got a roll of paper towels.  Simple, right?  Simple and awesome.






Another awesome thing about this place?  Open late night y'all!  Go have yourself a couple of beers next door at Avondale and then pop right on into POPs and get yourself a pie!

4 comments:

Meegan said...

I love Post Office Pies! I live close by and it's my go to pizza place!

Morgan Sparks said...

I love this place!! So delicious!

Nadine said...

I have been meaning to try that place out. My coworkers went and one of them said it just wasn't that good so I sort of pushed it to the back of my mind...but everyone else seems to like it so maybe they hit on a bad day!

Unknown said...

Pizza is my absolute favorite food! Krispy Creams are a very close second! I started eating low-carb so sadly, these foods are not on my list anymore. I might have to stop by and just eat the topping! :)
Shelia
www.houseofhighlands.com