Image Map

Life Advice

25.6.14

That's right everyone.  I am going to dispense some life advice on y'all.  You ready for this?

Here ya go:


One of my good friends sent this to me, and while I can see that it could be an advertisement for rapists, just hear me out.

When I was kind of tired Saturday night, and was ready to go home, I just went with it.  I loved getting to hang out into the wee hours with new friends.

When I thought that I was going to lose my cool at work, because some people don't have respect for other people, I just took a deep breath and went with it.

Sometimes, it is probably easier to just "go with it," than it is to fight about something.  In my line of work, I listen to people complain on the daily.  I'm pretty sure that is in my job description, but hey, when I think about it, I am their only advocate.  It is up to me to make sure that they are taken care, so I just have to go with it.

When someone asks you to meet them for a drink -- just go with it.  You never know what kind of shenanigans you'll get to see or friendships you'll forge.

Again, sometimes you'll just find yourself way too tired to fight back, and those things that you are trying to hang onto?  Sometimes not worth it and it'd be better to just "go with it."  I've said it many times before on here; people enter and leave your life for a reason.  If you put up a gigantic wall for fighting -- you'll never get to open yourself up for the things that could happen if you just went with it.

I'm not saying be complacent or an asshole when it comes to this -- just every once in a while, break through the barrier and just go with it.

3 comments:

Nadine said...

I think "just go with it" is great advice! I try to remind myself to just go with things every now and then. I figure whats the worse that can happen? I have a ridiculous story to tell if it doesn't go well? Not so bad!

And I am sure glad that you fought your tired on Saturday...you know I am usually in bed at like 10pm but sometimes it is nice to change :)

Brews and Tunes (DJ Fusion) said...

Very good advice!!

Cindy said...

I use {sometimes still am} to be the biggest worry wort until one day everything came crashing down and there was literally nothing I could do about it! So, I just went with it. Sometimes I think having a caring heart is a curse. I try to go out of my way for people who could care less. This is wonderful advice.. Could you send it to me daily so I won't forget?? :)