Image Map

New Orleans Oystah Fest

4.6.14

Shocker that I went to New Orleans this past weekend, huh?

I guess I should just buy a second home down there.  Right, in my next lifetime I'll be able to afford some property down there.

Buuut, until that time, I'll continue to shack up at my friend L's house every time I go down there.  Love ya Linds!  So this past weekend, New Orleans hosted its Oyster Festival.  A bunch of restaurants come out with some of their dishes, some with oysters, some not, set up tents and you can go from tent to tent just eating and eating.

The weather was horrible, but that didn't stop us from going out there.  Everything was all cash, but of course, they had some ATMs stashed at various locations.  The prices weren't too horrible at the stands, and the most expensive thing was the chargrilled oysters from Dragos.  

Even if you don't like oysters, they had plenty of assorted po'boys, some sweets from Haydel's bakery and beer.  I'm not sure what else you could ask for out of life.

first night on Bourbon.

oyster stuffed mushrooms = heaven.

being a huge ass dork in front of the Drago's firetruck.

the chargrilled oysters from Drago's.

shrimp and oyster egg rolls with creole soy sauce from the Arnaud's/Remoulade tent.

me and L watching the oyster shucking contest (the guy from Pesch won in case you were curious) -- please disregard how terrible i look.  rain = no makeup and curly hair.

L & her momma.

just because I'm 30 doesn't mean i can't play in a big mud puddle.

closing the weekend out at Tipitinas.

All in all it was a fantastic weekend, minus the rain of course.  It had stopped by Saturday night, so our evening wasn't completely ruined . We spent that night at the Maple Leaf Bar, then Tipitinas, then to a place I think was called Dos Jefes (do not quote me on this -- I was a few vodka sodas in) to meet up with some friends.

I don't have my next trip down there planned yet, but I'm sure it will be soon.

And of course all you lovely wee ones will get to hear all about it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are always finding ways to go to New Orleans. I am not hating on that. I just wish I could do that myself. Glad you had fun, even with all the rain.

Nadine said...

See my friend, and this is why you haven't been Birminghamming it up lately...because you escape down there every weekend :)

Sounds like you had a blast! And what fun is it to be 30 and not play in the rain?! I mean, we can do it and no one can say anything!

I am loving those pink shorts! You were the sunshine on that rainy day!