Image Map

The Perfect Birmingham Day

28.5.14

Last Saturday was reserved for doing all things Birmingham.

It didn't really start out being planned that way, but it just sort of happened.  I have always wanted to go to Pepper Place Market, and in the five years I've lived here, I have never gone.  I don't even know if it was a thing back when I first moved here.  

Anyway, it wasn't was I expected it to be!  It was humongous!  There were so many stands and so much stuff!  I didn't know where to start.  We walked around the first time, just kind of in a daze, trying to take it all in.  We walked through the food, then through the craft section and back through the food again.  We settled on a shaker of spices from Dak's Spices, some Chilton County peaches, and this guy:

Meet my cute ass succulent, Antoine.


After wading our way through a million people, we had gathered quite an appetite.  I've wanted to go to Urban Standard for so long, sooo of course I won that battle and that's where we went.



I got the iced coffee and biscuit with sausage.  It was so simple, but so good!  It was so awesome that I decided to recreate it for Sunday breakfast.

Theirs was better.  I will be going back.  Next time, most likely for dessert.

Then after much cleaning, shopping, other weekend chores, I was starving.  And the only thing that came to mind was Rojo.

I loooove Rojo, but very rarely go, because of how popular it is and how packed it normally is.  But, I put on my thinking cap, and was like, "hey, it's Memorial Day weekend, maybe no one will be there."  And I was correct.  

I had the enormous chipotle pork and mushroom burrito and pretty much died right afterwards.  I don't remember being that full in a long while.  We also thought it was a brilliant idea to order a pitcher of PBR.  We were reminded that that is almost never a brilliant idea.

Afterwards, we treated ourselves to a few beautiful Birmingham only photos:


I can't wait to have another only Birmingham day!

There is so much to explore in the city!

2 comments:

Nadine said...

This post is just full of Birmingham awesomeness!!! I have always wanted to go to Pepper Place but it is just too far for us to drive on a Saturday morning. We don't usually head downtown until the afternoons if we are coming. Maybe one day before it gets too hot we will venture out to it!

I have only been to Rojo one, but I liked it! I love the area that it is in! I have also only been to Urban Standard once.

I have a list of places that I want to try that keeps growing and growing!!

Unknown said...

I haven't had those kind of days in a long while. I might need to change it soon. If you ever go back to Rojo, try their Brownie Sunday. It's so damn good!!!