Image Map

Tattoo Schmatoo

5.5.14

Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!

I hope everyone has eaten a ton of tacos and had a margarita or two.  I know I most certainly have. 

But that is not what I'm going to talk about today.  And since the cat is out of bag (meaning, my dad knows), I feel it is safe to share for everyone.

Two weekends ago when I was in New Orleans for the wedding (that I didn't go to), I decided that I needed a tattoo.  I have wanted one for awhile, and you remember back on my 30 on 30 for New Orleans, my number one item was to get the tattoo.

Now I have changed my mind several times on what I've wanted.  But I settled for an arrow on my wrist.  Why, Laura, in the world would you want an arrow?  

Here ya go:


There have been some really crappy happenings in my life in 2014, and I feel like this matched perfectly for what I wanted and what I was feeling. It may not be perfect, but it's something I don't regret, and it will always remind me to look forward.  

I know some people aren't down with the tattoos, and frankly now, to not have one, is to be different.  But hey, it's something I've scratched off my bucket list, and well, you only live once, what's one tattoo?

I got it done at Electric Ladyland on Frenchman Street done by the artist Marc.  He was sweet and gentle, with it being my first one.  It is small and took less than five minutes.  It was more painful the next day than it was while getting it.

Right after I'd gotten it done.

Raising her fist in solidarity with me. 

A day after.

The thing is almost completely healed now.  Two weeks later.

And I still love it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool tattoo. Its good to see that it actually had some meaning to it. I want to get a tattoo one day soon.

Morgan Sparks said...

Oh, I love it!! Perfect size and perfect placement.

Nadine said...

I really want a wrist tattoo. I have been contemplating one for a long time. I just keep changing my mind as to what?!

I love tattoos with meaning. Not something that was just picked off a wall. Yours is perfect!

I have a butterfly on my upper right shoulder blade that my dad drew for me. My parents took me for my 18th birthday to get it done and I have never regretted it. It it special to me because my dad drew it and it is unique. There are two hearts, one on each wing in memory of my grandma and grandpa that passed away.