Image Map

On Being 30: The Things I Know

14.5.14

I have been 30 for ohhh, about five months.  I believe that gives me some authority to share what I have learned (or maybe already knew) while in these five months.

* Your dog will love you more than anyone possibly can.  They love you no matter what.  Everyone should own a dog at some point in time.

that face though...


*  One or two really great friends is way better than having a million acquaintances.  And it doesn't matter what part of life these people came to you in; high school college, work, whatever.  Quality over quantity, they always say.

*  It's perfectly okay to drink an entire bottle of wine in a night, and then open a second one if you feel like it.  Bonus points if it's been a super bad day, and you're in the bath tub belting out Adele.  

*  Trying to be the winner in an argument all the time is pointless.  You end up hurting people or getting hurt, and honestly is it worth it?  I'm not saying to not fight for something you believe it, but if the argument is over something of little importance, just suck it up and admit defeat.

*  Tell the people you love that you love them, before you can't.

*  A wise friend told me a couple days ago, "Like what you like."  

*  There is nothing wrong with buying second-hand.  They have got a ton of good shit at Goodwill, and if you're fortunate enough to have one in an affluent area of town, a pair of American Eagle jeans will run you $12.  You can also get books for a quarter.  A quarter! 

*  Travel to new places, but always have your old stand-by.  

*  Root loudly and proudly for your team.  Those who understand will love you, and those who don't will never understand.

*  Exercise is a necessary evil.

*  Don't let people tell you "Put your camera away,"  Those are always the people that want to see the pictures first.

*  Elementary school had it right:  Read, read, read.

*  It sucks to have your family live far away from you.  Like really, really sucks.

really crappy quality picture of my sis and my mom, but I love it.


So there ya have it folks . Please feel free to share what you've learned during your time on this planet!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Everything you mentioned in this were true statements, especially about exercise. I need be doing that, but I have not done so yet. Something else I learned while in my 20s(more towards when I was 23-25) is to love who you are. I like the fact that I am not like everyone else, and I believe people like that about me as well. I am going to think more about stuff I have learned while in my 20s about life and just myself. Thanks for this blog!!!!

Nadine said...

I love your list! Yes to all of this! I especially agree with the unconditional love from dogs!!!

I think one of the hardest lessons I have learned is that not everyone is going to like you...so don't waste so much time trying to please others.

Exercise is surely a necessary evil, as is not eating all the bad things all the time.