Image Map

Dat Dog - NOLA

23.5.14

In anticipation of everyone grilling out and eating hot dogs, I think it's time the world hears about Dat Dog.

They've got three locations in New Orleans - Freret, Magazine and Frenchman street.  I've had Freret and Magazine, but haven't yet made the venture to the Frenchman street location, although I have no doubt that it's just as delicious.

Here's how it works --- you pick your hot dog, then you add any topping you want, and they range from normal yellow mustard to etouffee and guacamole.

Then they have the most delicious cheese and bacon fries, and their chili cheese fries are incredible, too.  The weather was beautiful, so we sat outside.  It was our Easter dinner that day, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Bonus?  It heat up incredibly well as leftovers, even after the five hour drive home.

This place is a definite must go while you're down there...umm, maybe more than once.









It was incredible.  

I hope y'all have a very happy Memorial Day!!

2 comments:

Nadine said...

You look like the forth of July, makes me want a hot dog real bad! - Sorry couldn't resist. Love that movie!

Anyways....holy fries! I need a hot dog and fries right now!

Unknown said...

When I go back to NOLA, I will try that place out. I'm always a fan of a good chili dog.