Image Map

3000 Bar - Five Points

19.5.14

If you've been anywhere near Five Points in Birmingham lately, you've seen this quaint little bar (they have food too!) nestled right next to the Pancake House.   It's usually lit up with some red lights inside, and it does have outdoor seating.

Before the trip with the pictures I'm about to show you, I'd been there twice before.  Once when one of my friends decided to pierce her tongue (I know, I know...I tried my best to talk her out of it, but a friend's a friend, and I was there to hold her hand), and then once again for said friend's 30th.  She was sans tongue piercing at this point, because she had taken it out by this point.  I'm all for experimentation, but yikes...please keep all sharp things away from my tongue.  I whine like a baby for two days when I bite my tongue or lip, so having a needle stuck through it; not my cup of tea.

Okay, so the actual bar.  The thing that draws me to it every so often?  It has the Mardi Gras daiquiri machines!  So you can get the exact same ones you get on Bourbon Street!  Now, they rarely have the banana one, which is my absolute favorite, but they have the 190 Octane thing, which is just as strong and just as delicious.  I have not had the food here yet, so sadly, I can't say anything on it.  But if you go for anything, go for one of those daiquiris.  I swear you won't regret it.

Plus you can always pretend you're in New Orleans, and that is always a good thing.











3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've only been there once. It wasn't that impressive, but I plan to give them another chance soon. I just can't wait till I actually go back to NOLA.

Morgan Sparks said...

I had no idea this place served daiquiries! Definitely going to have to give it a try.

Nadine said...

I have never noticed this place. Usually when I am in Five Points I am all ahhhhhhh World of Beer! Maybe we need to check this place out.