Image Map

A View on Instagram

28.4.14

I'm sorry you guys.  One day, I'll remember to post on a Sunday so the post will actually go up during the day.  

I can't guarantee anything, but I'll try.

Today's blog post is sort of a response to another blog post that I read this morning from Delighted Momma.  She deleted her Instagram account, because she was felt it was bringing on too much comparison between her life and those of her friends. 

I get it.  I wrote an entire post on being envious of other people.  It's sort of what happens when you enter in to the world of social media.  You get to sort through what people see and what they don't see.  Of course you're going to pick the prettiest things you own, the cutest pictures of your dog, and of course the best selfies.  It's only natural.  You naturally want people to think you're awesome.  And especially if you're using Instagram as a tool to gain blog followers and new friends.  It's a quick, easy, convenient way to let someone into your life.

But here's where I differ.  I don't have that many Instagram friends.  I would love for this little blog here to take off, but honestly, some nights I'm too tired to upload all the pictures from the weekend or comment on a blog that I really wanted to comment on.  I mainly use my Instagram as a platform for my Stella pictures, or food pictures or the occasional selfie ( I hate the way I look in photos, so I avoid whenever possible).  BUT for the most part, the pictures on there are a good view into the best parts of my life.  I'm not going to take a picture of Stella throw-up or a recipe gone horribly wrong.  Because, eww, why would I want to remember that for eternity?  So while I understand getting rid of a social media platform ( I no longer use FaceBook), getting rid of Instagram is just not for me.

So keep showing me your beautiful Michael Kors watches with all of your amazing bangles and the cutest pictures of your dogs imaginable, because I honestly want to see them.

Oh, and because I can, my latest Instagram addition:



1 comment:

Nadine said...

I like seeing lots of little happies on Instagram. It is the only social media platform that is full of positive things (for the most part.) I would much rather see lots of happy dogs, cats, beer glasses and funny selfies than someone leaving a vague pitty me comment on Facebook. Just sayin'!