Image Map

Restaurant Review: Maria's

20.3.11

It has been beautiful this weekend. It was in the 80's both Friday and Saturday. And sunshiney! So much sunshine! This is when I love living in the South. It's March and it's 80 degrees!!! And there's no humidity yet, so it's so pleasant...pleasant enough to sit on the patio for dinner, and there is nothing better than eating outside when the weather is perfect and the company is good!


Friday we went to Maria's. This is definitely a little dive. It's attached to a hotel, and is very small on the inside. However, the owner, Maria, is always there, and she is super nice. Maria's is located on Highway 31 in Vestavia.





Our patio table. I love little accents like the flower in the middle of the table!


The chips and salsa! We had a rogue carrot in our salsa, but other than that it was soo good. It used to have a little more heat to it, but is still a good medium. Another plus? All the refills on chips and salsa are free!

The margarita! Perfect for sitting outdoors! And these definitely weren't weak. We had two each and were buzzing.


My good company trying to decide what to eat. I have good news about this guy later on!



Their patio is pretty small, too, and only 3 of the tables outside were occupied, but I like their little mural....





Bennett's dinner. He went all traditional and got a combo of a taco, a chile, and an enchilada.

I got tacos de carne asada. The cilantro was so good and fresh on these. They were amazing. And you get a side of rice and beans, and their rice is amazing. Bennett said he would work in a Mexican restaurant for a day just to learn their rice secrets.
So, I have some blog news! I have convinced the hubs to join in on the fun and start blogging with me! He travels a lot for his job, and he's a big foodie, so I begged and begged him to get on here and talk about all the places he goes to, and he agreed!! He's a big fan of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives with Guy Fieri, so will definitely be posting his reviews of the places he gets to visit that were on the show.
I'm pretty excited and will post a bio of the hubs so everyone can get to know him better! Also, the re-do of the bedroom begins today! I'm excited to share that too!





No comments: