Image Map

** AMIGOS Resturant Review **

6.3.11

We actually found this little gem from a coupon book. We were running low on funds, so we went to this place where we got a 2 for 1 deal, and loved it so much that we continued to go back. Great upside of this place? Happy Hour every day from until 8 pm!! Yes, every day...Friday, Saturday... Which is a huge plus for us, because by Friday we're ready for some margaritas!
AMIGOs is located on HWY 150 in Hoover, across from the Best Buy and next to a Sylvan Learning Center.



They give you 3 sauces for dipping. The first one is a sample of their black bean dip (YUM!), green salsa and regular red salsa...with a little spice.


Hi hubby. Love the face. He didn't think I got a decent one of him.


The happy hour margarita. $2.50.


We both just got regular tacos...this is the carne asada taco on a flour tortilla. Bennett wanted to make sure the taco looked its best for its photo shoot (he added the salsa and habanero sauce to get it ready!).



This is the taco al pastor (aka pork). I didn't dress mine up for the photo. Both of the tacos were great. This one was on a corn tortilla, a little more authentic than just the regular flour ones. I didn't taste a real difference between the two, but the corn ones were a little thicker and yellow. You can't tell from the lighting at the place, because it was so dark in the place.




This is the "house margarita." It's only $1.00 more than the happy hour one, and you can definitely taste the tequila in this one. I would spend the extra money on this one.
So all in all, this place is great. It of course isn't our first choice for Mexican food, but I would give it a 3 out of 5.




2 comments:

Julie said...

ohhh 3 dipping sauces sounds amazing. I'm a freak for chips and salsa/dip. Thanks so much for the blog comment. I gained weight while doing the 30 day shred because it's just not enough cardio and I wasn't doing any cardio on top of it. Now I'm back to running so I'm going to supplement my running with Jillian to keep the muscle I put on because I'll do whatever I can to burn more calories! Did you do all three levels? I've only done level one a two. Two is hard enough for me though.

Again, thanks for stopping by, glad to have a new blog to follow!

Laura said...

I actually did do all three levels, and so agree with you on the "not enough cardio" part, but so loved the little biceps I got from it!! Level 3 is the devil. Fair warning.