Image Map

Thing I Love: Bloody Mary

14.3.11

Due to some weekend technical difficulty, I'm having to put my Friday post on Monday. Oops! Anyway, from previous posts, anyone who is anyone knows that I love breakfast food and anything associated with breakfast. I could eat it any time, any where and on my head if that's what it took. But my favorite drink for that mid-morning meal is the Bloody Mary! Yes, it trumps any mimosa or any crazy drink with pomegranate or cranberry that you can think of. I pulled this recipe off of Martha's website, and seriously, this is only for those that don't believe in buying the premix. Fortunately for everyone involved, I do. Oh, and I also always add extra Tabasco or some kind of Cajun flavoring to make it spicier! I love the spicy!!
Enjoy!!



Ingredients
Serves 4 to 6
4 cups tomato juice
Juice of 2 large lemons
1 to 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 heaping tablespoon prepared horseradish
1 1/2 cloves garlic, passed through a garlic press
2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Unflavored vodka, to taste
Lemon wedges, for serving
Celery sticks, for serving and munching

Directions
Place tomato juice in a large container with a tight-fitting lid. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, garlic, pepper, and Tabasco; shake vigorously. Taste, and adjust for seasoning; the mixture should be quite spicy.
Pour 1 part vodka and 3 parts Bloody Mary mix over ice in a shaker. Shake well. Pour into glasses. Squeeze a wedge of lemon over drink (do not subsequently stir or shake drink), discard used wedge. Garnish with a large stick of celery (reserve extra stalks for munching) and a large lemon wedge. Read more at Marthastewart.com: Bloody Mary - Martha Stewart Recipes










No comments: