Image Map

Book Review: About Face: The Secrets of Emotionally Effective Advertising

10.3.11

Now, I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that this is the sort of book I read all the time. Yes, I am interested in advertising ( I am drawn to commercials, like, I may be the only person on the planet who doesn't fast forward through them when I've recorded a show, well, except for American Idol, but that's another story for another day), and yes, sales is now my career (Hello RSR role! yep that's me!), but this book would be helpful in any light. It teaches you facial cues, and how to grab someone's attention.


"ABOUT FACE: THE SECRETS OF EMOTIONALLY EFFECTIVE ADVERTISING reveals new keys to success, covering how modern ads can target emotions using data from eye tracking and facial coding to analyze consumer response. Ten rules for such emotionally effective strategies pinpoint techniques and powerful results from high-impact emotion-driven marketing."

- From Midwest Book Review


So usually while I skim the fiction section, I do occasionally put on the smart girl glasses and dork it out. I recommend this to anyone who is interested in marketing/advertising, or is thinking of opening a business or promoting a product. Or if you just like to read about 21st centry marketing. There is a lot of "well, duh" moments in the book, but I like how they back it up with examples to make it easy for us people who would much rather be reading the latest Candace Bushnell book to understand what is going on. Even if you want to just pretend that you're a smart kid, this is a good book to start that act!







No comments: