Image Map

Restaurant Review: La Paz

15.3.11

So we continue our tour de Mexican restaurants in the Birmingham area. This one is one of my favorites, but is a little on the pricey end, plus it's incredibly yuppie. But their food, sangrias, and margaritas are to die for.
This one is located in English Village in Birmingham.


We stuck to margaritas this time, but they have a pitcher of sangria that is the best we've had yet.

Green and red salsa! No heat, just deliciousness.

Texas margarita! Just strong enough to taste the tequila, but not knock you on your butt.


I had the enchiladas something. I can't for the life of me remember what they were. But one was pork, chicken and spinach. The rice and black beans were so good. I can't even describe.



Bennett had the street tacos; one chicken, pork and steak. He said they were some of the best he's had.
All in all, we gave it a 4 out of 5. And it would have gotten 5 had it not been a super long wait (so long that we just decided to sit at the bar, which ended up being a good idea), and the people so well dressed there that they made me feel bad.
It's a great place if you want to see and be seen.



No comments: