Image Map

John's City Diner - Birmingham

31.3.14

I've lived in Birmingham for six years now.  I have always wanted to go to this place.  I've heard that going here is definitely on the bucket list of things to do in Birmingham.

So imagine my excitement when a mutual decision was met to go to this place of wonderment and awesomeness.

Located downtown, it doesn't occupy a whole of space.  Their bar area (where happy hour is from 4-7pm and includes $3 craft beer and half price appetizers) is cute and cozy and the dining room stretches out in the back, boasting plenty of room to enjoy their unique menu.

We got there around 6pm and were the only people there.  We sat at the bar and were promptly served by an amazing bartender, Phyllis.  We both ordered a Good People Snakehandler and got oysters Rock-a-feller as an appetizer.

I, of course, had to try what they were most famous for: chicken and waffles.  It wasn't your average every day waffle; it was a cheese waffle, topped with the most delicious fried chicken and syrup.  The fried chicken wasn't too heavily breaded, and it had those crunchy little pieces that will just melt in your mouth.  B got the Three Little Pigs, which was mac n cheese with prosciutto and pulled pork topped with fried onions.

It was pretty much the best thing I've ever put in my mouth, and I devoured it.  I even got a compliment from Phyllis saying she was impressed on how much I put down.

That's right -- I ate an entire plate of chicken and waffles.  And promptly gained ten pounds.  Well, I say ten pounds well worth it.  










Seriously.  Good.  Food. 




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Im so glad that you come by my job and enjoyed everything. :)