Image Map

If Money Weren't A Thing

12.3.14


These were supposed to be for a failed outfit post, but even I couldn't bring myself to post the disaster that ensued from this attempt.  

But while I was looking through these pictures trying to decide the amount of embarrassment I was willing to put myself through for my "art," I was thinking, how in the world could I make these unbearable photos better?  With a million dollar editing system?  Some plastic surgery?  I know it's a weird way to get at what the topic is about today, but that's how I came to it.

If money were no issue, what would you do?  If you didn't have to get up everyday and go to work, what and where would you be?

I'm pretty sure the very first thing I would do would be to move.  Probably to New Orleans.  

Then I'd sit outside on my bad ass porch on St. Charles (because remember this is a dream where money isn't an issue and I can own one of those beautiful things), sip wine, and write.

I would write about whatever I want because I could.  I wouldn't care about people reading it or getting published, because well, I don't need any money.

I'd hang out in my big kitchen and cook and bake and entertain.  I'd have three dogs running around at my feet.  I'd be able to spend all my time reading and writing (and playing on social media, because let's face it, I have a social media problem), drinking coffee, playing with my dogs, eating crawfish and oysters all day long.

The other thing this "photo shoot" taught me was that you should probably invest in a new bra every once in a while, because that can make or break how you look in an outfit.  I learned that the hard way on this one...

But again, money is no issue, so I'd have a million of them anyway.

So.. if anyone has an opening for the above mentioned, please feel free to contact me by leaving a comment below.

I'd be forever grateful.
 





No comments: