Image Map

Parish Seafood and Oyster House - Trussville

11.3.14

Last Tuesday, on Mardi Gras, I really wanted to have lunch that reminded me of New Orleans.  Unfortunately for me (and other people of Birmingham), there aren't that many places around here that serve fantastic oysters and po'boys.  

So I met B for lunch up at Parish.  I'd only been here once for a work function, and I remembered that the oysters were amazing and the beer was cold.  What else could a girl possible want?  Oh yeah, the most amazing po'boy known to man.  Called the Parish po'boy, it was a mixture of beef debris, turkey, ham, Swiss cheese and topped with coleslaw.

It was the most amazing thing my mouth had ever experienced.  That and whoever shucks their oysters is a freaking genius.  These were better than some I'd gotten on the beach!  And they give you straight horseradish, which I love!  

It's nestled in on Main Street in Trussville about a mile and a half off I459.  It used to be a place called Velma's that was famous for its karaoke ..  not that I ever went, it's just what I heard.  It's an awesome green building, plus they just finished up work on their patio.  









Oh, that po'boy.  I really want another one. 

Now.  Yes, now would be good. 


No comments: