Image Map

#tbt: Grandparents Part Two

13.3.14

My dad's parents lived in a really small town: Lincolnton, NC.  It was exactly what you would think a small town anywhere would look like.  Hardly anything there.

But my grandparents were there, and we visited them often.  Mostly in the summer.  They had this doll named Timmy that my sister loved.  My grandma had a ton of costume jewelry that we always played with.  They always had a bowl of candy in the back room.  I remember so many Christmases there.  

I remember tickle fights on the floor with my dad; playing on the kitchen floor with cousins.  I remember grandma's dry, oh so dry, roast for dinner.  But her biscuits?  So awesome.  I remember getting BBQ from the (most likely only) place down the street.

I remember them probably not being able to really afford to give us Christmas gifts, but every year we had new Barbies and a new wardrobe to give them.  They cared about my sister and I so much.  Grandma sent birthday cards to us every year.  They were very good people.  









I'm so glad my family is a picture taking one.  I don't know what I'd do without all of these pictures.  It's so nice to be able to go back and look at these.  

I'm hoping to make a huge book that I'd be able to pass down to my kids, if that's in the cards of course.


No comments: