Image Map

#tbt: Grandparents Part 1

6.3.14

I was never one of those people that knew either set of my grandparents very well.  I knew that they loved me.

But we always lived so far away from all of them.

My maternal grandparents lived in Florida for pretty much our entire young life, until grandpa Lambert passed away.  To be honest, I don't even know that much about them, including the city where they lived.

I do remember getting to go to the beach in the back of my grandmother's car.  I remember going to Friendly's.  I remember playing a pizza topping game, and Topple.  I remember playing with a neighborhood girl named Jackie.  

We'd spend nights/mornings watching QVC.  Grandma Lambert swore by it.  She had an enormous collection of nail polish and shells.

I can't say that I remember much about my grandfather; he was quiet and liked a club called The Moose, and I remember spaghetti nights there.  We visited them many a summer, and Grandma would come up to Atlanta to visit us during the summer.  She'd walk us down to the neighborhood pool and feed me and my sister grapes like we were dolphins.  The things grandparents do for their grandchildren.  

I do not own very many pictures of my grandpa; in fact, I don't really know if anyone does.  These are a few of the pictures that I do have of them with me or together.  Grandma is still alive and well living in Pennsylvania; Grandpa has been gone for quite some time.  

Like I said before, I was never very close to these people, but I loved them, and knew they loved me too.







If there was anything I learned from not being close with my grandparents, is that when I have kids, they will definitely know their grandparents.

No comments: