Image Map

#tbt: Sorority Formals

27.3.14

It may come as a shock for some that I was actually in a sorority while at Auburn.

Delta Gamma for about two years.

That chapter had been inactive at Auburn until the middle of my freshman year.  They had interviews to restart it at Auburn.  I went through two interviews, I think, went through the preference night, etc and was finally a sister, being initiated with a pin and all.

I didn't have the greatest experience with it, but looking back, I also didn't give it much of my attention.  I didn't try too hard to make friends there, and eventually left after about a year and a half. Mainly due to having a job and not being able to fulfill all the duties required of being in a sorority.

The one thing I did have a lot of fun with though, was going to the formals.  Finding a dress and getting to get all gussied up.  Going to the first one with a then boyfriend and then going to the second with a good friend of mine.









Being in a sorority wasn't for me, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a good experience.  I don't talk to anyone that I met from there anymore, but I'm also really bad at keeping in touch with people.

Again, I didn't put forth all the effort probably required of being a good sorority member.  

But I still do remember the password and handshake.  Yep, that's for real.

No comments: