Image Map

Memorial Day 2013

28.5.13

This past three-day weekend was much much needed.  I started my new position at work today (which was a nightmare, but I'll get into more on that later.  not today.  I don't want to think about it anymore), and I needed a chance to clear my head and get prepared for it.  I just didn't know how much clearing I would need until today.  Again, another story for another time. 
 
Our Memorial Day weekend all started innocently enough when I posted a picture of a homemade banana daiquiri to Instagram.
 
Here is the picture that started it all...
 
 
So after this was posted, Miss L responded back.  And then I responded back, and then before you know it, she sent me this:
 
 
a sweet picture of their puppy Avery, winking at us with a message that they were on their way.  So in two hours, they were in Birmingham!  We were so excited to have guests for the holiday! 
 
So they got here, and of course we go to our favorite stand-by for dinner:  Slice
 
 
We tried a new one...the meatball pizza.  It was amazing.  I don't think we've had a pizza there that we didn't like.
 
After dinner, we decided to go to a bar in the Avondale neighborhood that B had heard had a great patio.  And they did.  Parkside was definitely a great choice for the weekend; it was Sunday, and they were open, and hardly anybody else there.
 

After that, we went to 41st Street Pub for some mules and a friendly game of Jenga.  Which I promptly lost.  I am so bad at games.
 
 
After that, a trip back to the house for some card games, and a late night trip to Waffle House.
 
 
Then we spent the entire Memorial Day in the sunshine, eating BBQ and drinking yummy drinks.  It was definitely twenty times better than my last Memorial Day which was filled with work problems. 
 
I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend, as well, remembering those that gave their lives and those that continue to serve.

No comments: