Image Map

Gourdough's & Mellizoz Tacos - Austin Food Trucks

7.5.13

One of the most awesome things about Austin is obviously the food trucks; they have little parks of these guys everywhere!  And with any kind of food you could possibly imagine; tacos, cupcakes, BBQ, New Orleans style food, shaved ice.... I mean seriously, whatever you want.
 
So the first truck we ate at had tacos that were incredibly amazing; we went straight for them as soon as we got off the plane...
 

 The left one are my tacos; the one on the right was strictly made of mushrooms, and it was so amazing!!  That orange sauce was spicy and yummy.
 
B's tacos were super also, even though I can't remember what he had.  I wish I would have taken a picture of the menu, but, I was starving so I forgot!  But they all had incredible names, and the meat was super.
 
 
The second truck we went to was Gourdough's which is pretty much known for its gigantic doughnuts. 
 



B had the Porkeys and I had the Mother Clucker.  That's right, just when you think a doughnut can't get any less healthy for you, fried chicken on top of it!!
 
I can't even tell you just how good the plain doughnut itself was...it was crispy on the outside and super soft on the inside.  And the sauce on the side was honey butter.  I really wish I could have one right now.
 
I honestly can't wait to go back already.


No comments: