Image Map

Austin Cinco de Mayo

21.5.13

After drinking beer and Lime-A-Ritas all day, we decided to go to Sixth Street to see if there was anything going on.
 
And there definitely was.  We had to look for drink specials; apparently Sixth Street is known for them.  They also had a few art booths, street food, and even a petting place.  We were also just a tad bit hungry; I mean, sitting all day in the sun drinking will do that to a person, so we headed to the Iron Cactus , and the food there was incredible.
 






 
 
Their queso dip was probably the best I've ever had; and then, THEN, they put a fried egg on top of my amazing enchiladas . I mean, could food get any better?  B's convinced that all you have to do is put an egg on something, and it makes it exponentially better.  I tend to agree with him. 
 
It was definitely a fun experience to get to celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Texas.  I'm hoping that we'll get many more!

No comments: