Image Map

Good-Bye to Ballroom Dance

1.5.13

I've decided that the time has come for me to give up ballroom dance.  I took it up as a hobby while the hubs was traveling, but now I just don't seem to have the time or the money for it.
 
It is a very expensive hobby, especially if you like to compete; which of course if you're the most competitive person on the planet (oooo, me!), it can become very expensive.
 
I couldn't have asked for a better instructor, or a better place to learn.  If you are in the Birmingham area, please look up Magic City Dance and get some lessons from Mr. Fowler.  The little group of friends I made there were fantastic (although older than me), and some of the friendships I made from other studios will last awhile. 
 
But sometimes you just have to hang up those dancing shoes.  I know that sometime in my future I will pick it back up, because studies have shown that older people that dance have a less chance of getting Alzheimers.  And we all know that is a good thing.
 
 
 
Picture from my very first competition ever.  I look just a tiny bit goofy and a whole lot nervous.
 

These are a few from the Chattanooga Choo-Choo competition.  On the left is a rumba, and on the right is a foxtrot.
 
 
 
And this is my most favorite dance picture of all.  I absolutely love this picture of me and Mike; mainly because my foot position in this picture is perfection. 
 
I am sad about it.  I've been going back and forth for a long time on it, and have decided that with this new semi-promotion that I'm about to get myself into, it was just time. 
 
So good-bye for now ballroom dance; I'm sure we'll meet again in the future.


No comments: