Image Map

Last Austin Afternoon

24.5.13

This week has been long.  Just really really really long.  They announced my promotion at work.
 
That was promptly followed by three people telling me how they expect all of this to fail.  All I've ever asked for was support.  I know that I am going to make mistakes.  My company has never had this position.  Ever. So yeah, I know that I'm not going to be perfect.  I know that all sorts of things are going to go wrong; I'm not that naive, but I would just like for someone, anyone, to say that hey, things might just be ok.
 
I also have to work this weekend, which sucks, but that's another story.
 
Anyway, again, on crappy crappy days I like to be reminded of something fun, and our last day in Austin (after our doughnuts), we went to the most gigantic Whole Foods, then just drove around.  We found a cute little brewery and had some queso and homemade chips.  I mean, could you have a better ending to a trip?
 
I don't think so.  So here ya go, Uncle Billy's Brew & Que
 
 
Here ya go guys, here's pretty much what I look like 99% of the time. 

Queso with added bbq?  Yes.  And those chips?  I could eat this everyday for the rest of my life and be ok with it.

  You can't see on the sign, but this place, of course being a brewery, does not serve Bud Light.  They had a snarky sign on one of those chalkboards, but I couldn't quite zoom in on it.
 
I'm really hoping that this weekend is amazing.  I can only assume that we're going to blow up the baby pool, mix up some frozen adult beverages and enjoy the sweet Southern sunshine.  After this week, I could most certainly use it.


No comments: