Image Map

Orlando Part III: Universal Part 1

11.7.12

For our first full day in Orlando, we decided to do one of the major parks.  And of course, since I am such a fan of Harry Potter, Disney World didn't even come close in the running.

*warning:  picture heavy post to come*



We decided on the two Universal parks.  And just so you know, it's pretty expensive.  We spent a total of 12 hours at the parks just to make sure that we got our money's worth.  Oh and a tip:  wearing flip flops probably not the greatest idea.  But then again, water rides and sneakers don't really go hand in hand either.

I was so excited about Harry Potter I couldn't stand it.  Of course, it was the most crowded part of the park, but it was well worth the wait for everything....Here are some of the pictures I snapped. of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts.


Pumpkin juice!  It tasted like Christmas!

Tasted like frozen vanilla.  Pretty much the greatest thing on earth.










Maybe I'll save the rest of everything for coming posts.  That was a lot of pictures, and I don't want to bore everyone with a picture heavy post.

Anyway, it was so hot while we were here it was ridiculous. We decided to try some food at the Three Broomsticks in Harry Potter land for lunch.  We shared the fish n chips ( I know I already had it.  I love it, and I usually only eat it while on vacation.....or at J Clyde's), and it was actually pretty good.  B has an aversion toward shepard's pie so we steered clear of that.  

I also went on my first roller coaster in a long time, and an actual scary ride that B was proud of me for riding but was a blast.  The actual Hogwart's ride is amazing.  It's all simulated, but they put you in this little roller coaster like seat and bang you around pretty good.  I was so proud of myself for doing it. 

So that was just from our few hours in Harry Potter land.  More to come tomorrow!

1 comment:

Crissy@ABerrySweetLife said...

LOVED looking at these pictures! I have some posts back in March about my Universal trip too! Isn't Butterbeer heavenly? I would die for a glass right now!