Image Map

Last Orlando ...promise!

16.7.12

Like everything in life, all good things must come to an end.

We ended this trip with an amazing brunch and a semi-buzzed plane trip home.  

Our day at Orlando was made complete by mid-day drinks at a bar in the park Backwater Pub, where we found a self-proclaimed gypsy who knew a lot about Orlando.

So B asked her what a great place for Sunday brunch was...and she told us!  She told us about this place called Dexter's in downtown Orlando, and the section of town that it was in reminded me of this perfect place that I like to call Austin, TX.  

It seemed to be the place to be seen for brunch on a Sunday.  It was filled with all sorts of people, mainly young 20 and 30 somethings with mobs of their friends, but there was a select gathering of older couples and families.

The inside of the place.  It's just a little blurry.  But of course, all the art on the wall was for sale.  And I love what they did with the rope lights over the big industrial ducts.

$3 mimosas.  This big.  Same for Bloody Mary's if that's more your thing.

B had a version of eggs benedict that was delicious.  Their fruit was so fresh and juicy; that pineapple (my favorite) was probably the best I've ever had.  No joke.

I had the quiche of the day, which was filled with bacon, pepperjack cheese and jalapenos.  I love a spicy breakfast!!
Shortly after our amazing brunch, we headed to the airport where we proceeded to drink so my plane ride would be tolerable.

Out the window of the plane.  I'm scared to death of this, but it really is pretty.
so that was our fun trip.  One more day of work, and I'm off on another adventure, to KC.  

There'll be lots of pictures of that too.

Promise. 

No comments: