Image Map

Strawberry Sensation

26.2.13

This weekend was full of great weather.  And I'm talking upper 60's.  Yeah.  In February.  Nothing like living in the South!  That's for sure.  
 
We had the strawberry kolsch at Avondale, and then headed to Publix, where they had a fantastic sale on strawberries.  And then to Lowe's to buy some knockout roses and assorted other fun flowers to plant in our front planters.
 
My weekends are becoming more and more cherished.  As my work days have become worse and worse, I have never so much looked forward to weekends as I have lately.  It seems that nothing is going right there, and it's only getting more and more stressful every day.  And I know that I should be thankful that I'm gainfully employed, but what is the use if I'm miserable every single day I walk into that place? Then the fact that they may not hire someone from inside the company to replace my supervisor makes me even more upset!  I would prefer to not have to train someone who is getting paid more than I am.  There are so many emotions that I have about all of it.  It's so frustrating to me that no one there seems to care about all the work I do, while we have someone on our team who is not a team player, and yet seems to think it's ok to brag about everything.  All.  Day.  Long.  
 
Oh well, onto the recipe. 
 
This weekend I made Strawberry Shortcake Muffins (healthy!)


Ingredients:
2 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 cup sugar alternative (I used Truvia baking sweetener)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced and dried.
1/2 cup extra strawberries to place on top.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Line 12 muffin tins with foil or silicone liners.
Place all ingredients (except strawberries) into a food processor, and blend until oats are smooth.  Pour mixture into a medium sized bowl and stir in strawberries.  Divide remaining 1/2 cup strawberries over the top of the muffins.
Divide batter into cupcake liners and bake for 20-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clear.

   Yummy!!
And why not make some chocolate strawberries just because you have some strawberries and leftover chocolate morsels?  


It was a prettier picture until B took one from the middle . They were quite delicious.  I look forward to making some more summer berry recipes.  

I'm hoping that I'll continue to use baking as a good outlet for my bad week.  Maybe I'll do something a little more complicated this weekend.   
  

















































                             

No comments: