Image Map

A Fun Filled Saturday

4.3.13

Remember when I was talking about how much I cherished my weekends?  This weekend proved it even more so.

B let me have a weekend day to do whatever I wanted; everything and anything that would make me happy, because of the rough time I've been having at work lately.  My only promise to him was that I wouldn't talk about work or worry about the upcoming week.  A hard promise to keep, but I promised it nonetheless.

So our first stop of the day was at Yo-Yo Doughnuts on Hwy 31.  It's a tiny little shop, but their doughnuts are fantastic...and their coffee?  Thick and strong.  And amazing.  Was bouncing off the walls.  Oh, how I love good coffee.



Get there early so you don't miss out on all the good ones!  We got there around 10, and had already missed out on the maple bacon doughnuts.  But we got a giant glazed and chocolate glazed and this little bite of strawberry heaven.  They also serve cupcakes and all sorts of bread.

From there, we went to the Southern Museum of Flight, which will get its own post, so more on that later.  

I then conned B into antiquing, so we went to Fifth Avenue Antiques.  Most of the stuff I will never be able to afford, but still a fun afternoon.  They also have an old playhouse nestled in their top floor.  That will definitely be happening soon.


 That vanity.  I wanted so badly.  But seriously, not badly enough to pay what they were asking.  So super cute though.

Then we hit up Cantina in Pepper Place for some of this awesomeness.


Left side is molletes and Cantina's amazing garlic fries, and on the right side is nachitos.  Also served with a very potent key lime margarita.

Then topped the night hanging out with this guy...

DJ rocking the scarf.  Sorry for the dark picture.  It was pretty dark in there.

That day was definitely needed.  I wish I could tell you that work is getting better, but it's just not.  I'm hoping that the two days I have for the weekend can somehow make up for all the junk during the week.

Hope y'all had as good a weekend as I did!

No comments: